Following the deadly terrorist attacks in Kabul airport that had killed more than 180 people, including over 14 American citizen, President Joe Biden had publicly pledged of taking stern retaliatory actions against the radical Islamic militancy group ISIS-K. According to credible sources, despite the drone attack on suspected ISIS-K hideouts and Biden administration’s claim of killing an ISIS-K member, the US president and his administration actually have lied to the American people.
In the suicide bomb attack on August 26, 2021 at the Hamid Karzai International Airport President Joe Biden had vowed to retaliate for killing American soldiers. The next day, the United States carried out aerial strikes targeting civilian areas in Kabul. The Biden administration claimed that some ISIS-K suspects were travelling in a car, and they were the targets.
But the claim was outrageously false!
Meanwhile, as American troops will be withdrawn within next 24 hours, there are speculations of series of jihadist attacks and mass persecution and murder of civilians including women and children in the hands of Taliban fighters as well as other jihadist outfits such as Al Qaeda and Islamic State. Earlier, Biden administration requested the Taliban for an extension of the deadline of August 31, which was turned-town.
US Embassy issued threat alert
A few hours after US President Joe Biden said another attack on the Kabul airport is likely within the next couple of days, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, citing a specific and credible threat, urged US citizens to leave the vicinity of the airport.
The security alert urged Americans to avoid the airport, and said those in the vicinity of the airport, including the South (Airport Circle) gate, the new Ministry of the Interior, and the gate near the Panjshir Petrol station on the northwest side of the airport, should leave immediately.
US embassy evacuates Afghan staffs, families
All local Afghan staffers at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul as well as their families have been successfully evacuated by the U.S. as of Saturday night, according to ABC News.
An internal report obtained by ABC News said about 2,800 Afghans have departed from the Kabul airport as of 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday.
An internal State Department cable sent out last week reportedly said local Afghan embassy staffers were “deeply disheartened” by the evacuation operations. The cable relayed reports of staffers being harassed, spat on and cursed at by Taliban fighters at checkpoints.
“Our local staff and their families have suffered hardship, pain and loss because of their dedication to working with us to build a better future for all Afghans. We have a special commitment to them because of that,” a State Department spokesperson told The Hill at the time.
After taking power, the Taliban vowed to show amnesty to Afghans who worked with Western-backed governments. However, reports soon arose of Taliban fighters searching houses for Western allies and threatening their families’ lives. The Taliban have denied these reports, with a spokesperson calling them “all fake news.”
The internal report obtained by ABC News also said U.S. facilities are quickly becoming overwhelmed, with Fort Lee nearing capacity and Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C., struggling to process all the arrivals.
For latest updates and news follow BLiTZ on Google News, YouTube, Facebook, and also on Twitter.