The Qatar Islamic Insurance Group held the second meeting of the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly on Sunday, and the following was approved:
- The Board of Directors’ report on the Group’s activities and its financial position for the year ending in 2022.
- The report of the Sharia Supervisory Board for the fiscal year ending on 12/31/2022.
- The report of the external auditor for the fiscal year ending on 12/31/2022.
- The group’s balance sheet and on the account of revenues and expenses for insurance policyholders and the income statement for shareholders for the fiscal year ending in 2022. It is worth noting that the Board of Directors’ recommendation to distribute cash dividends to the shareholders was approved at a rate of 45% of the nominal value of the share (0.45 riyals per share). ) for the fiscal year ending in 2022.
The 6 non-independent members of the Board of Directors were elected from among the shareholders, and they are as follows:
- Good Way Trading Company – represented by His Excellency Sheikh / Mohammed bin Thani bin Abdullah Al Thani,
- Abdul Rahman Abdul Jalil Abdul Ghani Al Abdul Ghani,
- Dar Al Thuraya Investment Company – represented by His Excellency Sheikh / Turki bin Khalid bin Thani Al Thani,
- Thabeer Investment Group – represented by His Excellency Sheikh / Abdullah bin Khalid bin Thani Al Thani,
- Al Badikh Investment Company – represented by His Excellency Sheikh / Nasser bin Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Thani,
- Medical Care Group – represented by His Excellency Sheikh / Thani bin Abdullah bin Thani Al Thani.
The independent members are as follows:
1. Mr. Rashid Nasser Rashid Al Kaabi
2. Mr. Jamal Abdullah Ahmad Al Jamal
3. Mr. Khaled Mohammed Asad Al-Emadi.
The appointment of new members of the Sharia Supervisory Board for the three years (2023-2025) has also been approved as follows:
1. Sheikh Dr. Walid Muhammad Hadi – Chairman
2. Sheikh Dr. Abdul Aziz Khalifa Al-Qassar – Member
3. Sheikh Dr. Muhammad Ehmin – Member
In the second extraordinary meeting, the amendment of a number of articles of the Articles of Association was approved in line with the amendments to the Commercial Companies Law by Law No. 11 of 2015 and its amendments issued by Law No. 8 of 2021.
For latest updates and news follow BLiTZ on Google News, YouTube, Facebook, and also on Twitter.