The Pentagon has announced that “it is sending 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East after attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week, which U.S. officials blamed on Iran.”
Yesterday it was also reported that a spokesman for the Iranian atomic agency has “announced that Iran is “ramping up enrichment of low-grade uranium and will pass the limit it is allowed to stockpile under the nuclear deal in 10 days…. in the latest blow to the nuclear deal agreed between Tehran and world powers in 2015.” Days before it was announced that Iranians were behind the “terrorist attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.” The two oil tankers were Japanese and Norwegian. The U.S. military released a video showing “Iran’s Revolutionary Guard taking an unexploded mine from the hull of one of two oil tankers attacked in the Gulf of Oman.” Tehran accused the U.S. of “waging an “Iranophobic campaign.”
Open calls to genocidal jihad against America and Israel continue in Iran. In Friday prayers led by Ayatollah Gholamali Naeimabadi, Khamenei’s representative in the Hormozgan District, Naeimabadi preached: “Let us strengthen the wall between us and the enemy….As long as the capitalist regime exists in America, this is the situation….America is an abomination.” The Ayatollah then encouraged the audience to chant “Death to America,” “Death to Israel,” “Death to England,” “Death to France.”
Despite the menace of Iran, its hatred, its ambitions for regional and global dominance, its jihadi proxy activities of which was further funded by the Iran Deal, representative Ilhan Omar tweeted out.
She has also mocked concern over al-Qaeda and Hizballah, equating them with US Army. It is, or should be clear, where Omar’s interests lie.
“Ilhan Omar blames Trump for Iran tensions; 1,000 more troops sent to Middle East”, United Press International, June 18, 2019:
The Pentagon on Monday said it is sending 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East after attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman last week, which U.S. officials blamed on Iran.
Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan announced the deployment after the Department of Defense released new images that officials said showed Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps members removing an unexploded mine from one of the ships in Thursday’s attack.
“In response to a request from the U.S. Central Command for additional forces and with the advice of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and in consultation with the White House, I have authorized approximately 1,000 additional troops for defensive purposes to address air, naval and ground-based threats in the Middle East,” he said.
Shanahan said the United States “does not seek conflict” with Iran and on Sunday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that the country would take necessary measures short of war to ensure freedom of movement in the Strait of Hormuz.
“The recent Iranian attacks validate the reliable, credible intelligence we have received on hostile behavior by Iranian forces and their proxy groups that threaten the United States personnel and interests across the reason,” Shanahan said.
Please follow Blitz on Google News channel