A one-and-a-half-year-old child of a family living in Kailas Nagar of Udhna fainted after swallowing seeds while eating chiku, who was immediately taken to the Civil Hospital, where the doctor declared him brought dead.
The child is likely to have died after a chikoo seed got stuck in his windpipe. Santosh Nayak, a resident of Odisha’s Ganjam and Udhna’s Kailasa Nagar, works as a lace maker. On Wednesday afternoon, her mother was feeding Chiku to her one and a half year old son Rishi.
Meanwhile, innocent Rishi swallowed chiku seed after which he fainted and was taken to Civil, where the doctor on duty declared him brought dead. Doctors expressed the possibility that Rishi’s death was due to a chiku seed getting stuck in his windpipe.
On receiving the information of the incident, the Udhna police reached the hospital. In connection with the incident, the police registered an accidental death and got the post-mortem done to find out the exact cause of the death of the innocent Rishi.
For latest updates and news follow BLiTZ on Google News, YouTube, Facebook, and also on Twitter.